Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Who knew there were so many choices?


And by so many, I mean at least four.

So, one day, long, long ago, I was watching tv and what did I see? A commercial for a contraption called the Slanket. And I thought this was the best idea ever, you know since I'm always wrapped in a blanket on the couch, yes with the heat on. Who doesn't like to cozy up watching your favorite show? So anyway, that was that. I knew I just had to have one.

Jumping to further in the future, I ran across an ad for a cheaper version of the Slanket called, the Snuggie. Then I thought, forget the Slanket, I HAVE to have the Snuggie!!

Fast forward to almost present day future, when I decided okay, now it's time to finally get a Snuggie. Mind you, it's probably been close to a year since I first saw the Slanket. Crazy, I know. I'm not sure what happened, I really just never got around to it. Well, there was this one time I was in the store and felt the Snuggie and decided it didn't feel soft enough to merit my $20 at the time, but now, now I'm ready! It's Snuggie time!

But before I make such an important purchase, hehe.. I had to do some research. I was determined to find a softer version of the Snuggie. An off-brand, no-name, generic version of the snuggie, if you will. From my research, what I found was this. Which then cracked me up one, because someone went through all of this trouble to compare these blankets (even though to find this, I obviously did actual research on a Snuggie, so thank you, research people.) and, two, I couldn't believe I had never heard of the Freedom Blanket or the Blankcoat!!

Anyway, if you've made it through this long, drawn out post, thank you. :) And I know you're all dying to know what I decided to purchase after much thought and research?

Ehh, I think I'm going to just stick to my good old regular blanket...for now. :-)

4 comments:

The PeachPost said...

That was funny. I almost gave in buying a snuggie back in October because I wanted to have a pink one for Breast Cancer Awareness. It's January and I am like you - sticking to the good old blanket.

CR said...

@The PeachPost, Yes, blankets work just fine..for now. At least until the next too cool for school full bodied blanket with LEGS comes out!! If so, I'm so on it!!

Nikki Aimee said...

Glad you're sticking w/ the good ole blanket. My dad gave me (& the rest of the family) Snuggies for Christmas (he must hates us all, right?). I don't even get cold!!! I'm like, "When does he ever see me sitting around w/ even a blanket on?? I couldn't get a collector's Barbie instead? An iTunes giftcard?"

CR said...

@Nikki Aimee haha!! Those darn snuggies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails